So, you’ve picked out the perfect St. Patrick’s Day card to share some joy with your friends or family, but what to write inside? Whether you’re keeping it simple with a friendly greeting or embracing the Irish traditions with a time-honoured Gaelic blessing, finding the perfect message for the inside of your card can be difficult. To help you out, here are some of our favourite St. Patrick’s Day sayings, wishes and messages to write inside your card this St. Paddy’s Day.
Keeping it Simple
- Have an amazing St. Patrick’s Day!
- Happy St. Paddy’s Day, enjoy the celebrations!
- Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, wishing you were here
- It’s St. Patrick’s Day, let’s celebrate!
- Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit (That’s “Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to you!” in Irish)
- Warmest St. Patrick’s Day wishes for you, my friend!
- God bless you on Saint Patrick’s Day
- Sending good luck and wishes to you this Saint Patrick’s Day
Funny St Patrick’s Day Messages
- Have a craic-ing St. Paddy’s Day!
- May the winds of fortune sail you, may you sail a gentle sea. May it always be the other guy who says this drink’s on me!
- You Sham-rock my world!
- If not for the drink, do it for the craic!
- Don’t forget to drink responsibly this St. Patrick’s Day – don’t spill any!
- To the life of the paddy, have a great St. Paddy’s Day!
- Irish you a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day!
Traditional Irish Messages and Blessings
- “May the road rise up to meet you” – This popular Irish blessing is the first part of a traditional prayer which reads “May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may Gold hold you in the palm of His hand.”
- “Rath De ort” – This traditional Gaelic blessing translates to “the grace of God on you”.
- “Sláinte chugat” – This simple Gaelic wish of good fortune translates to “good health to you” and is a great simple but traditional way to wish someone well.
- “May you escape the gallows, avoid distress, and be healthy as a trout”.
- “If God sends you down a stony path, may He give you strong shoes”.
- “May the blessings of each day be the blessings you need the most”.
- “May the Good Lord taking a liking to you, but not too soon!”
- “May your pockets be heavy, and your heart be light, and good luck pursue you each morning and night.”
Thoughtful and Sentimental Messages
- Thinking of you on St. Patrick’s Day
- May Irish beauty and love whisper to your heart and may the music on the wind sing sweetly to your soul
- May your joys be deep and lasting, and your cares be small and few. May all your luck be good luck and all your friends be true
- I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter and joy with the people you love
- Wishing you an amazing Saint Patrick’s Day with the people you love
- Have a fantastic day of celebrations, sending lots of love
- Many blessings to you and your family this Saint Patrick’s Day
- Good friends are like four leaf clovers, hard to find but make you feel incredible lucky
- Who needs a pot of gold when I’ve got friends as good as you?